Eamonn Holmes is joining forces with his GB News co-star Paul Coyte on a ‘heartfelt’ new project after the duo had their nationwide podcast tour axed last month
Eamonn Holmes is said to be working on a new project after his recent failed venture. The former This Morning star was set to head on tour with his GB News colleague Paul Coyte last month, but quietly called it off. The live tour was supposed to begin on March 11, but reports suggest that low ticket sales may have been responsible for the big career move being axed.
In the wake of the forgotten tour, insiders say that Eamonn, 65, will instead be releasing a new podcast with his co-star, Things We Like with Eamonn & Paul Coyte, and it’s set to drop some time soon. The Mirror has contacted Eamonn’s representative for comment.
Speaking to The Sun, a source close to Eamonn slammed prior reports that ticket sales were low, and instead said of the tour: “There was a disagreement with the venue about last-minute logistics, which meant it was impossible for it to run.”
They added that while Eamonn called the tour off, saying: “He knows there will be plenty of other opportunities in the future.” The insider said that, instead of hitting the road with Paul, the TV presenter was now “throwing himself into” his next venture.
They revealed: “Over the past couple of months, Eamonn has been recording episodes with some massive stars for a brand new podcast. It’s really conversational – heartfelt, emotional conversations with different names with someone for everyone.”
Eamonn first announced the Things We Like! tour back in December, sharing his big plans to hit venues nationwide as he enthused on social media: “Coming your way soon and in theatres around the Country. Maybe the perfect last minute Christmas gift!”
The tour was suddenly cancelled towards the end of March, and sources initially said organisers had to pull the plug because they just couldn’t fill enough seats.
“Eamonn was really looking forward to the show. He loves interacting with the public and meeting fans. But ticket sales just weren’t there. It’s been a tough time for him personally and this is another disappointment to deal with,” a source told The Sun at the time.
Eamonn didn’t shout about the tour cancellation from the rooftops, and instead teased his podcast in its place. “Working with my mates @Coytey67 and Deano on our soon to be released podcast/ videocast Things we Like today. Hoping you like the same things. Will keep you posted re launch date,” he shared when the tour’s axing was revealed.
Alongside his career knock, Eamonn has been juggling work with his health issues after dealing with severe mobility problems following a back surgery in 2021 and a hip replacement in 2016.
The star now uses a wheelchair primarily, although he can use a walker over short spans, according to the Express. Back in January, Eamonn opened up about living with an “epidemic of pain,” and revealed the possibility that he may never walk unassisted again.
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .