The mobile operator has not commented further on what has caused the ongoing problems
Mobile operator Three has said sorry to its customers after a problem with its network left thousands without connectivity for four days in a row.
The company stated on Monday that an “issue” had affected its network, but services were now “recovering”, although customer services remained unavailable. In a statement posted to X, formerly Twitter, the firm said: “Following an issue with our network that started earlier, services are now recovering.”
They added: “We know a number of our customers are still waiting on their service to be restored, and our engineers are working to fully fix it.” The company also said that their customer services were still impacted and unavailable, advising customers to check back for updates.
They apologised again, saying: “We are very sorry for the issues with service over the past few days and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.” According to Downdetector, a website that tracks service outages, more than 12,000 reports about issues with Three were made on Monday morning.
The mobile company Three had some network problems last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They even told customers to “fully restart their device” to get back on the network. Three might join with Vodafone in a huge £15 billion deal to become the UK’s biggest mobile network.
But last month, the UK’s competition watchdog said it would look into this proposed merger because it might not be good for competition in the UK’s mobile market.