Manchester United still have work to do with just days remaining of the transfer window and Kobbie Mainoo’s future is under the microscope as the midfielder eyes a move away

Kobbie Mainoo
Kobbie Mainoo wants an exit(Image: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

There are just three days remaining of the transfer window and Manchester United’s work is not done. Some might suggest the club need to be industrious over the weekend following their embarrassing Carabao Cup defeat to Grimsby.

The Red Devils have already acquired a new frontline in Matheus Cunha, Bryan Mbuemo and Benjamin Sesko but still have deals to do to satisfy Ruben Amorim’s needs. A central midfielder has been among the club’s priorities and they were priced out of a deal for Brighton’s Carlos Baleba.

The start to United’s season has seen a series of errors in goal from Andre Onana and Altay Bayindir. Both players have seen their positions speculated upon but remain at the club despite the 13-times Premier League champions being linked to figures such as Emiliano Martinez and Gianluigi Donnarumma.

United want to secure some exits too. Marcus Rashford has been loaned to Barcelona but new clubs are still needed for Tyrell Malacia and Jadon Sancho.

Mirror Football takes a look at the latest transfer news and rumours at Old Trafford.

READ MORE: Ruben Amorim knows what Man Utd chiefs think of him as pressure grows ahead of talksREAD MORE: Alejandro Garnacho’s claim about Kobbie Mainoo speaks volumes as Man Utd exit pushed

Mainoo stance

Kobbie Mainoo is pushing for a permanent move to Napoli with the midfielder at the centre of a £50million tug of war between the Italian champions and Manchester United. Antonio Conte’s side have a four-year contract waiting for the 20-year-old midfielder and and Mainoo has told Red Devils chiefs he wants to go to Serie A.

United have so far blocked the move but Mainoo is adamant that he wants to leave before Monday’s transfer deadline. A loan spell had initially been expected but the England international is eyeing a more definite exit.

Mainoo believes Conte could have offer a boost to his footballing career, as he did with Scott McTominay.

Kobbie Mainoo is open to leaving Manchester United(Image: Jacques Feeney/Getty Images)

Exits

Manchester United expect at least three players to depart Old Trafford in the remaining days of the transfer window. The club have agreed a £40m deal with Chelsea for Alejandro Garnacho and are at an advanced stage for two more moves.

United have inserted a 10 per cent sell-on clause into the deal made for Garnacho, and the Argentina international becomes the club’s fourth-most expensive departure. Loan deals for Rasmus Hojlund, to Napoli, and Antony, to Real Betis, appear set to get over the line, per Manchester Evening News.

There is said to be greater work to do facilitate Jadon Sancho’s sale. Roma remain interested in the winger however.

Manchester United are desperate to sell Jadon Sancho(Image: Getty Images)

United’s reasons against Mainoo move

Manchester United have no plans to green light a loan for Kobbie Mainoo. The club maintain that they value the young midfielder despite his lack of playing time.

Mainoo has yet to play a Premier League minute this term and has ambitions of making the England’s World Cup squad next summer. United want to see the player fight for his place however despite struggling to break into Ruben Amorim’s plans.

Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Sky Sports discounted Premier League and EFL package

This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more

£43

£35

Sky

Get the deal here

Sky has slashed the price of its Essential TV and Sky Sports bundle ahead of the 2025/26 season, saving members £192 and offering more than 1,400 live matches across the Premier League, EFL and more.

Sky will show at least 215 live Premier League games next season, an increase of up to 100 more.

Share.
Exit mobile version