Travis Scott and Tyla had been filming a music video in London when production was brought to a halt after a man allegedly ‘threatened to stab’ a member of production
Travis Scott’s latest music video filming was brought to a halt after a man allegedly threatened to stab a member of staff. The American musician and Tyla had been filming in Tottenham, north London, on Wednesday when things were paused for safety reasons.
In recent days, the 34-year-old has been in the UK, having performed headline sets at Reading and Leeds Festivals over the weekend. But just days after his performance, Travis, who shares two children with American billionaire Kylie Jenner, headed to the notorious Broadwater Farm Estate, famous for the 1985 riot, which saw the death of PC Keith Blakelock.
The two high-profile musicians’ presence instantly drew attention from onlookers, but the area being used for filming was heavily guarded by security officers.
While Tyla, 23, was filming a scene for their upcoming video, a man is said to have walked onto the set, causing a disturbance. The individual is believed to have been asked to leave before pulling out a bladed object, sparking concern amongst those involved in the production.
“Tyla was filming some scenes about 40 yards away when this man kept walking onto the set,” a source said. They went on to tell The Sun: “A member of the crew approached him and asked him to leave, and that is when he started being threatening and pulled out what looked like a knife.
“It was terrifying for everyone. Travis was already shut away, and Tyla was taken off set. It all went into lockdown, and the police were called.” A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police has since confirmed that an investigation is currently underway.
They said: “A man flagged down officers in Willan Road, N17, on Wednesday, 27 August to report that a man had threatened to stab him. Officers searched the area and stopped a man, aged 29, matching the suspect’s description.
“The man resisted the search, and so he was placed in handcuffs. Officers recovered class B drugs and cash. No knife was found. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of a class B drug and section 4A of the Public Order Act. He was taken to a north London police station, where he remains in custody.
“Enquiries continue.” A source has since said that the incident left both Travis and Tyla “shook” but the pair eventually carried on filming the music video after the individual had been detained. It comes just days after Travis walked off stage at Leeds Festival, leaving fans in the crowd baffled.
Throughout his set at Bramham Park, the musician used pyrotechnics, but after the fireworks stopped, he told the crowd, “I love you so much. Goodbye.” The crowd was left gobsmacked, and many were left taking to social media to share their confusion.
A number of videos of the incident were shared online. On TikTok, fan said: “Travis Scott cuts his Leeds Fest set short by 35 minutes.” In the clip, people can be heard booing as a sign on the big screen read: “Respect our neighbours and leave quietly.”
They added: “What! Insane. He was on for less than an hour, what a colossal failure. Oh my god, all that production, all those fireworks, just for him to go off way before he was meant to finish.” “I am actually in shock at that,” he added.
The fan also claimed “the crowd was a bit dead”. He told people heading to Reading Festival to see Travis Scott to “prepare themselves”. A number of people shared their theories on the swift exit in the comments. One individual claimed: “Someone said it was both tech issues and people were getting hurt in the crowd.”
“It’s because the crowd was dead,” joked another. One other wrote: “There’s no way people think it’s acceptable to leave just because of a bad crowd. Festivals need to stop booking rappers.” “It’s a shame artists don’t care about Leeds Fest as much as Reading, as it’s not televised,” commented another.
In another video, a festival-goer shared what they believe happened: “Reason behind why Travis Scott left early – he wasn’t happy with the tech crew as they didn’t fix the rising platform, so he stormed off and left. It wasn’t just tech issues; apparently, there were loads of people getting hurt and being pulled from the barriers,” shared another.”
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.