Cheryl Sassela, 71, was behind the wheel of a Toyota Highlander when her passenger Virginia Giuffre claimed she had a “minor collision” with a school bus in Perth that left her with ‘days to live’

Virginia Giuffre shared a shocking photo of herself from hospital covered in bruises
Virginia Giuffre shared her injuries from her hospital bed

The woman who was driving Virginia Giuffre when her car and a bus crashed reportedly leaving her with “days to live” has claimed she’s “not covering for her” as she breaks her silence.

Cheryl Sassela, 71, was behind the wheel of a Toyota Highlander when her passenger Ms Giuffre claimed she had a “minor collision” with a school bus on a rural road north of Perth last week. Giuffre posted a picture on Instagram on Sunday night claiming she only had “four days to live” after she was admitted to hospital with kidney failure. Now, Ms Sassela has broken her silence, claiming she is “not implicated in a cover up”.

Prince Andrew next to Virginia (Image: PA)

But now in a new update, the caretaker of ther 41-year-old’s weekend property, said the crash had been “blown out of proportion.” Ms Giuffre, who won a huge payout from Prince Andrew after claiming she was trafficked to have sex with him at the age of 17 by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, is accused of exaggerating the severity of the crash.

However, Ms Sassela insisted she wasn’t “covering her”. She told Daily Mail Australia: ‘I’m not covering for her. I’m not implicated in a cover up.” She added: “I’m sure Virginia will release a statement soon to clear it all up.”

A police report confirmed a 41-year-old woman – understood to be Ms Giuffre – was the passenger in a white Toyota Highlander involved in the crash. However, the circumstances around the nature of the collision near Perth, Western Australia, remain unclear.

A 71-year-old woman – said to be Ms Giuffre’s caretaker – was driving the small vehicle when it came into contact with the bus, Mr Munns said. The school bus driver involved in the car crash which allegedly left Giuffre close to death has claimed the injuries had been “blown out of proportion”.

Ross Munns, driver of the bus that crashed with Virginia Giuffre’s car
(Image: Facebook)

Describing the crash to reporters, Mr Munns said: “It wasn’t a major crash. There is nothing (no damage) on my Roo Bar. I still had 29 kids on the bus I didn’t even take a photo because it wasn’t warranted… You don’t have to do a police report if the damage is under $2,000 (approximately £960,000).”

Describing his reaction when he saw the picture of Ms Giuffre’s reported injuries, Mr Munns added: “I just laughed… There is no way you could get that injury if you were in that car.”

Mr Munns, a school bus driver for 16 years, added: “It’s just all blown out of proportion and I know what happened. I didn’t even see her (Ms Giuffre) in the car.”

He and all the 29 children who were travelling in the bus avoided serious injury, it is believed. The carer, who is a grandmother, sustained a black eye, Mr Munns continued in an interview with Mail Online.

He also told the publication he was fed up about the crash and having to deal with its aftermath, saying: “I would rather this just go away.” However, Ms Giuffre’s lawyer brought in back into the headlines this week when he stressed the mum faces “a very bad situation” – but he gave no details about the crash itself.

Share.
Exit mobile version