The site – which is situated in the Willow Place shopping centre – has been in the town for 15 years and New Look has not confirmed how many staff members will be affected by the closure

Another New Look store will be closing its doors forever in June
Another New Look store will be closing its doors forever in June(Image: Getty Images)

New Look has confirmed yet another store closure after shutting three high street seats last month. The high street fashion chain has confirmed that its Corby store would be pulling its shutters down for good on June 1.

The site – which is situated in the Willow Place shopping centre – has been in the town for 15 years. New Look has not confirmed how many staff members will be affected by the closure.

The news comes as a blow to locals who said the “town centre has nothing to offer for anyone”. Another upset shopper said it was “sad news for the town centre” and a third argued that people needed to stop online shopping, blaming the rise in the practice for high street store closures.

READ MORE: DWP scrapping major benefit from this weekend with no further payments madeREAD MORE: eBay making huge change to delivery options for millions of sellers and buyers

On the closure, a spokesperson for New Look said: “Our Corby store is set to close on 1 June. We would like to thank all of our colleagues and the local community for their support over the years. We hope customers continue to shop with us online at newlook.com, where our full product ranges can be found.”

In March, New Look closed three high street branches. These included its St Austell branch in Cornwall on March 4, its Team Valley Retail World branch in Gateshead on March 9, and its St George’s Shopping Centre in Preston on March 20. The retailer has not confirmed the reason for the three store closures, and it is uncertain how many staff were affected.

Earlier this year, the Times reported that the chain was looking to “accelerate future store closures” when leases expire. The newspaper said this was due to the tax increases revealed in October’s budget.

According to the report, around a quarter of its 364 UK stores – around 91 sites – could be at risk of closure. New Look did not confirm this report at the time. However, seven New Look sites will have shut for good after the March closures since the start of the year.

On the UK closures, a New Look spokesperson previously said: “Our store estate is an important part of our business, alongside our best-in-class website and app.

“We have recently invested over £3million in our stores in Greater Manchester to trial new omnichannel initiatives to improve customer experience. We also continue to invest in our thriving online platform which has resulted in a strong online sales performance, with volumes significantly outpacing last year and an improved online margin.”

“On occasion we do have to close stores, either due to the landlord’s request or because the site becomes unviable. However, we always remain on the lookout for appropriate new opportunities across the country and continue to invest in our existing store estate.”

READ MORE: Primark brings back ‘stylish’ £21 oversized co-ord set ‘perfect for the airport’

Share.
Exit mobile version